Careers at Lumina
Lumina is a small, growing software and consulting company, and creator of the Analytica modeling software. Lumina provides consulting and advanced analytics software to help organizations make challenging decisions in energy, environment, transport, finance, healthcare, and more. Lumina’s clients range from clean-tech start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, utilities, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Department of Energy, and the World Bank.
We have an office in Campbell, California just steps from the beautiful Los Gatos Creek Trail in Silicon Valley. Long before COVID-19, Lumina gave it’s employees the flexibility to work from home or work at our office. We feel very strongly about minimizing our environmental impact by reducing commute time, and allowing our employees to work where they are most productive.
For those who enjoy decision science, analytics, or software development, Lumina is a great place to apply your talents to interesting and important problems. We are passionate about helping find a paths to the future that is environmentally and economically sustainable.
We are currently hiring. If you think you could be a good fit for any of the jobs listed below, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Sales Administration Manager
- Software Developer
- Sales Administration Manager
If you are an experienced energy modeler, consultant, or analyst and you think you would be a good fit at Lumina, do not hesitate to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if a position opens up.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Sales Administration Manager to join our team! Lumina is a small and growing analytics software company based in Silicon Valley. You will start as the primary sales record keeper and customer success manager while also looking for ways to develop and improve Lumina’s sales processes. In the future, you will have the opportunity to expand and manage a small sales team.
- Maintain existing contracts, subscription renewals, records and relationships.
- Sustain and expand our current customer base through support, renewal, and expansion of subscriptions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with marketing, support, and consulting staff.
- Track and analyze results with periodic sales reports to the whole team.
- Develop, improve, and track email campaigns for trial and new users, and reminders for renewals.
- Identify and implement innovative sales and promotion strategies and pricing ideas.
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement.
- Manage partnerships and form new partnerships with affiliates and resellers.
- Previous experience in B2B sales or customer service for a complex technical product.
- Ability to work effectively with CRM platforms, such as SalesForce and Mailchimp.
- Meticulous attention to detail, for example, in tracking customer interactions in Salesforce.
- Ability to edit and write clear engaging English.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in a small company environment.
- Strong initiative and interest in improving sales processes and customer interactions.
- Nice to have experience as an Excel power user or analytics tools.
Lumina is seeking an outstanding software developer. This is a great opportunity for someone who has already demonstrated excellence and flexibility as a developer, but always wants to improve their skills and broaden their experience while working on important and exciting products. You will be closely mentored by a truly outstanding software engineer, who is also an easy person to work with. You will join as a core member of a small team on development of existing and new products.
We are looking for someone who is versatile, a fast learner, and a natural problem solver.
- Excellent skills and at least 3 years of experience in software development
- Solid C++ development skills in Windows
- Some experience with at least 2 other programming languages
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Reprise software or similar license management
- Analytica, C#, Python, NSIS, or PHP
- Cloud server experience (GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes)
- Excel spreadsheet programming
- Decision analysis and probabilistic models
- Data analysis, machine learning
- SQL and relational database management
- Quantitative multi-dimensional modeling, or OLAP (or business intelligence systems)
- Enthusiasm for building software tools to help move our planet onto a more sustainable path
Please send your resume and a sample of your software, if available, to careers@Lumina.com