Download Analytica Free Edition
As you might guess, Analytica Free edition costs nothing! It lasts 12 months (after which you can renew it).
Free edition gives the full functionality of Analytica Professional for models with up to 101 variables and other user objects. It opens larger models in Browse mode, so you can review them, change inputs and generate resulting graphs and tables (unless it needs database access, optimization, or other features for which you need to buy a higher edition.)
To build larger models objects you can purchase Analytica here.
Click the Download button above. When download is complete, click on the downloaded file to begin installation, which usually takes about a minute. Then follow the instructions in the installer.
When the Analytica installer starts, you might see this screen:
If Verified publisher is Lumina Decision Systems, this indicates the installer is digitally signed as authentic. So, simply press Yes.
When you see this screen, select Free edition as shown:
After installation, you can launch Analytica from the Windows Start menu.
What you can do with Analytica Free Edition
- Learn and test-drive Analytica, and explore dozens of example models and libraries.
- Create models with up to 101 variables and other objects. Each variable may be an array with up to millions of cells, so a model this size can be quite substantial.
- Run existing models of any size. You can explore the model, change inputs, and compute results.
- Use up to 25 free session credits to publish your models to the Analytica Cloud Player (ACP) so others can view and run them via the web.
- Use it in a class to teach analytics and decision modeling. Analytica’s influence diagrams provide an intuitive visual way to learn about how to structure complex problems.
Analytica Free edition includes all features of Analytica Professional except:
- You are limited to building and editing models with up to 101 user objects (not including functions and objects from standard libraries).
- When viewing a model which contains more than 101 objects, you will be limited to browse-only mode. You can change inputs and (re)evaluate results, but you cannot make changes to the model itself.
- A watermark, “Analytica Free edition”, appears on diagrams, graphs, copied images, and printouts.
- OLE linking is disabled.
- We offer limited technical support via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org), but not the same level of support that we give to paying customers.
- To run a model using Enterprise features, such as spreadsheet or database access, or the Optimizer you will need to purchase the Analytica Power Player or Analytica Power Player with Optimizer.
- You’ll need to re-install Free edition within a year to keep up-to-date with the newest release. Just return to this page to do that.